Home

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goal setting for 2017

In 30 minutes it will be 2017. A new start to a new year. 
Now, I am not a resolution-making person, (if you are, great, but it's just not me), because I see and know how easy it it to give up on something that you decide you "should" be better at.
Me? I'm setting goals. 
to me the difference is that a goal is something that lights a fire in you that you have to work towards. It's easier to achieve because you want it so badly, that you're willing to work for it. That doesn't mean it will be easy, but it keeps you going even when you don't feel like it.

this year I did some pretty cool and hard things (like the Beast), and have several small and BIG goals I'm going for this coming year.
So, because supposedly if you tell someone what you're goals are you're more likely to achieve them, here are some of mine:

  • Spartan Race Trifecta (all three races in a calendar year = another cool medal and bragging rights)
  • PODIUM FINISH IN AN ELITE HEAT! (This is a big one for me and will take A LOT of work, but if you don't try you'll never achieve....)
  • Save for, and start my Personal Trainer Course (I've been applying at some part time jobs and I've been told they'll start hiring in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that sometime around June I can afford to start)
  • Go on a short term mission trip to Russia (childhood dream right there, and I've been praying a lot about it. We'll see how God works!)
  • Grow my blog and post useful and fun content. I would love to focus on training and nutrition for young, poor people like me, and give them the help I wish I had had when I first started working out 3 years ago.
  • Do one OCR a month. I want to branch out too, and get as many different races under my belt as possible
  • GO RUCKING!!!!      
  • Figure out how to work and grow my Beachbody coaching business  
  • Put more emphasis on recovery during hard training phases, and limit injuries
  • Remember that God is in control and has a plan for my life far better than anything I could imagine, and trust him completely.

There you have it..... a few of the  things I hope to accomplish in 2017. I hope you have a safe and happy new year!                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment