Home

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

WOD 12-7-16

The last couple weeks I've taken a break from my original training plan due to some pain in my calves/ankles/shins. I was incorporating more running into my week since that's one of my biggest weaknesses, and after only a mile I would get shooting pain in my legs, and the bottoms of my feet. Really hard to train when you can't run, and OCR is primarily a running sport. -_- Grrr.....
I have been seeing my chiropractor about it, and see a trainer next week, so hopefully we get this taken care of, and I'll be back to normal.

Between that and the cold, cold weather I have been having a bit of a tougher time getting my training sessions in. I work on the weekends, and come home cold, tired and hungry so for the moment those are my rest days, and I train Mon-Fri. Not ideal, but it works.
Right now I'm primarily strength training with very little cardio except in small bursts, and doing whatever sounds fun for the day, making sure to hit all the muscle groups in a week. The last couple sessions have been workouts from Jen Jewel's 6 week program, and it was not only fun, it hurt! :)
I modified it a bit here and there for myself, and only did 3 sets instead of four, just because of time. Okay, and maybe because  was also feeling a tad lazy...... ;) So, because I know everyone loves a good leg day, I thought I'd share. :) 

(I'm assuming you have been lifting for a while now, and are familiar with the moves and lingo. If you have question as to what anything means, let me know.)

Superset #1
DB jump squat x 12 (I used a 30# DB)
DB Rear lunges x 16 (8 per leg, and go heavy!)
Rest for 1 minute and repeat for a total of 3-4 times

SS #2
BB Deadlift x10
30 seconds jump rope
Rest 1 minute and repeat for a total of 3-4 rounds

SS#3
DB Curtsy lunge x 16 (8 per leg)
burpees x 15
Rest 1 minute and repeat for a total of 3-4 rounds

SS #4 
Glute kickback with resistance band x 10 per leg
Jump squat x 15
Rest 30-60 seconds and repeat for a total of 3-4 rounds


And there you have it! that was today's fun. Use heavy weights for this, but make sure your form is correct throughout. Don't get sloppy! Stronger legs = better runner.


No comments:

Post a Comment